Monday, June 24, 2013

(Not much of a) Fiesta in Bato




6/24/2013
St John the Baptist Church 
Bato Catanduanes



Dear Stranger,

     I met a rather interesting person on this day, the parish priest. His voice was soft and kind, apt for a healer. The odd thing is, during the conversation, I felt his "restlessness." It was the kind of restlessness akin to gypsies.  I might be wrong but I am certain it's the kind that leaves a gnawing feeling in your chest when you can't be in another place. 

    When we left, I thought about him most of the night. I was bothered of how he left one sentence hanging since it would compromise his own being. But I understood the need to cut his sentence short. I may write about this in another blog. I feel like this is not the avenue to whisper something as fragile as this.


Love, 
Maureen

No comments:

Post a Comment